Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Five Things . . . And, Another Five Things

Here's a "Five Things" meme I ran across recently at The 3 R's: Reading, 'Riting and Randomness.

FIVE THINGS . . .

5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:

  1. Living with my first roommate who turned out to be "psycho."
  2. Working as a store manager for a retail store.
  3. Being a lot more adventurous than I am now.
  4. Falling way too hard for someone who just wasn't right for me (I know that now).
  5. Teaching Mission Friends at my church.

5 Things on my T0-Do List today:

  1. Make a list of Christmas gifts I still need to buy.
  2. Mail Pam & Rebecca's birthday cards.
  3. SAROCN Conference Call at 7pm (ugh!).
  4. Catch up on filing (at the office).
  5. Work on RFL website.

5 Things I would do if I were a millionaire:

  1. Pay off all debt.
  2. Buy my 1st house.
  3. Hire a maid.
  4. Give to charity.
  5. Start a trust fund for Bubby.

5 Things I'll never wear again (or have never worn):

  1. Anything below a size 6 (heck, probably anything below a size 12).
  2. Leggings.
  3. Mini skirts.
  4. High heels (if I can help it).
  5. Stretch shorts (remember those from the 80s?).

5 Favorite Toys:

  1. Laptop.
  2. Digital camera.
  3. Bubby - he's my play buddy, so he's kind of like a "toy."
  4. Lizzy - my "sister with fur" - again, a play buddy!
  5. Satellite radio - MUST have music!

AND, ANOTHER FIVE . . .

Five Things I Just Don't Get:

  1. People who can't ever put a cell phone down. There are just certain times & places where a cell phone just isn't cool (i.e., grocery store, while driving (unless you're using hands free), restaurants, movie theaters, etc.)!
  2. Bad drivers - especially those who tailgate and don't use their turn signals.
  3. People who commit & then don't follow through!
  4. Poor hygiene.
  5. Why anyone in this country is hungry and/or homeless. I'll explain this one - As much money as celebrities, other wealthy people, and even the middle class folks, spend on pointless things and give to other countries, there is no reason that anyone in our country should be hungry and/or homeless. One person can't do it, but if everyone did a little something, the world (specifically our country) would be a much better place for everyone!

Five Things, Other Than Money, I Wish I Had More Of:

  1. Time
  2. Patience
  3. Relaxation
  4. Quiet
  5. Faith

Five Least Favorite Words or Phrases:

  1. "Can I ask you a question?" followed by the question before I have a chance to respond. Don't ask me if you're just going to jump in with your question.
  2. "What # is your hair color?" This one enrages me & I'm not sure why! I cannot tell you the number of times I've been asked this question. My response - "It's natural!" What I really want to say: "Excuse me! You can't get this color out of a bottle. You'll have to talk to God about the #."
  3. "Have you lost weight?" when it's oh-so-obvious that I've gained. Don't ask me this unless I really have lost weight! It only reminds me that I need to lose.
  4. "Jenny" - do not call me this. My parents would've named me Jenny if that's what they wanted me to be called. Jenn, Jenn-Jenn and J are fine so long as you fall into the category of "friend." Only family is allowed to call me Horace. If you're a telemarketer or some random person, call me by my name - it's JENNIFER, by the way.
  5. "I don't care" in response to basically anything. If you didn't care, you wouldn't say that! If I ask you where you want to eat, please at least give me a thought. Otherwise, when I pick the place after you've said "I don't care" and you come back with "I don't want to go there," I might just get a little frustrated!

Five Famous People I’ve Spoken With In Person:

  1. I've never spoken with anyone famous, unless you count . . .
  2. The weather guy who I said hello to at IHOP the other night.
  3. The sports guy that was on a jury with me a few years ago.
  4. The reporter who I see at the gas station all the time and make small talk with if he's at the pump next to me.
  5. The reporter who goes to the same doctor as me.

Five Things I Do Nearly Daily That I Don’t Enjoy:

  1. Driving to work.
  2. Driving home from work.
  3. Just driving, in general - I hate it!
  4. Having no cable to watch my shows. I hate having to cut costs!
  5. Falling asleep before I can finish a sudoku puzzle, chapter in a book, magazine article, etc.

Five Things I Wish I Had the Chance To Do More Often:

  1. Sleep.
  2. Read.
  3. Spend time with friends.
  4. Spend time with family.
  5. Scrapbook.

Five Things About Me That Sound Like Lies:

  1. I have no desire to get married. It's true!!! I used to think I wanted to, but the older I get and the more I hear from others, I think I'm destined for singledom for the rest of my life & I'm okay with that!
  2. I am a self-diagnosed "hoarder." I'm pretty convinced that if I sought professional help, I would get the same diagnosis. There really is such a disorder, by the way!
  3. I hate being the center of attention. Most people say that I have an outgoing, in-your-face personality, but I much rather prefer to be "behind the scenes." I don't like being the focus of anything - good or bad!
  4. I am not organized. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not very organized in my day-to-day life. There are only certain areas of my life that I keep organized - most everything at work, my personal calendar(s), my work for the organizations I volunteer for - - - and that's about it. My house - NOT organized! My car - NOT organized! My life - well, NOT organized!
  5. If I had all the money in the world, I would live my life exactly the way I live it now. The only difference - I'd be able to give more to friends, family & charity and maybe take a vacation from time to time. I'd still work. I'd still drive the Jeep. I'd still live in the condo. I wouldn't have fancy clothes or jewelry. I'm happy with the way things are (for the most part). I just wouldn't have to worry about money anymore & that would be so nice!

1 comment:

Florinda said...

Great answers - I really enjoyed reading them. Thanks for playing!