Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, December 13, 2007

100 Things About Me - A Unique Version

As most of you know (if you've really been reading my blog), I'm doing a 100 Things About Me "series." I will continue to do a few at a time until I hit the 100. In surfing around various blogs, I found a very unique/original version of the "100 Things" post at Untangling Tales. So, off I go . . .

(A) THE THINGS I PRAY MOST FREQUENTLY:

  • Patience
  • Safety for me, my family & friends
  • Contentment (no matter what the situation)
  • Wisdom

(B) FOUR THINGS I MISS ABOUT GROWING UP:

  • Never worrying about what people thought of me
  • Spending the night with my grandparents (having pancakes on Saturday a.m.)
  • Spending time with my brother (we shared a room, so I was forced to)
  • No worries about money

(C) FIVE THINGS ABOUT MY FAMILY:

  • My mom is an only child.
  • My grandmother was told she would never have children, but she remained faithful & God blessed her with my mom at almost 40 years old.
  • My daddy fought in Vietnam.
  • My brother and I are both single.
  • I never knew my daddy's father. He died before I was born.

(D) TEN THINGS I LIKE TO DO (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER):

  • Read
  • Blog
  • Watch the Food Network channel
  • Take pictures
  • Scrapbook
  • Spend time with Bubby
  • Watch movies
  • Travel
  • Learn new things about people I know
  • Meet new people

(E) TEN FAVORITE MOVIES (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER):

  • Annie
  • Wizard of Oz
  • Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
  • Beaches
  • Fried Green Tomatoes
  • As Good as It Gets
  • Radio
  • Failure to Launch
  • Forrest Gump
  • A Time to Kill

(F) TEN FAVORITE BOOKS (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER):

  • Bible
  • Portraits 9/11/01
  • Dear Stranger, Dearest Friend
  • Sam's Letters to Jennifer
  • Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
  • A Walk to Remember
  • The Notebook
  • Message in a Bottle
  • Love, Greg & Laura
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul series

(G) NINE FAVORITES:

  • Clothing Item: Fuzzy socks
  • Black & white photos
  • Baskin & Robbins' Peanut Butter & Chocolate
  • Hobby: Scrapbooking
  • Animals: Dogs (specifically labrador retrievers)
  • Food: anything Italian
  • Season: Fall
  • Traveling (specifically - Charleston, SC & Flat Rock/Hendersonville, NC)
  • Color: Blue

(H) TEN VERSES/PASSAGES UNDERLINED IN MY BIBLE:

  • Isaiah 40:31
  • Phillippians 4:13
  • Psalm 23
  • Romans 5: 3-4
  • Jeremiah 29:11
  • Job 6:14
  • John 11:25
  • Revelation 21:4
  • Psalm 9
  • Ecclesiastes 7:8

(I) TEN THINGS I DON'T LIKE:

  • Arrogance
  • Not standing up for myself
  • Dressing up (I'm a "go for comfort" kind of girl)
  • Being lied to (and dishonesty, in general)
  • Worrying (though I'm the queen of it)
  • Prideful attitude
  • Grown adults with juvenile mentalities
  • Clutter (but, I can't overcome it)
  • Insomnia
  • Being "guilted in" to things

(J) TEN RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:

  • I make lists of pretty much EVERYTHING (addresses, birthdays, anniversaries, likes, dislikes, things to do, etc.)
  • I rarely forget a birthday (thanks to #1 above)
  • My hair color is natural. I have NEVER colored my hair & don't have plans to start.
  • Music is therapy for me (so is blogging and scrapbooking).
  • I've never had a speeding ticket.
  • I haven't done anything that I planned to do in my life, which goes to show that God has BIGGER plans & He is in control.
  • I remember random bits of information and have been referred to as the "walking phone book" and/or "walking encyclopedia." (Okay, so I'm a 'nerd')
  • I'm a tv junkie. I have lots of "favorites," but I'll address that in another post.
  • I used to think I wanted children, but now I'm not so sure. I love them (and always will), but I'm not sure that's in God's plan for my life.
  • I am happiest when I'm sitting alone in complete silence.

(K) EIGHT GOALS I WANT TO WANT ENOUGH TO MAKE HAPPEN:

  • A solid plan (that I will stick to) that will put me in a much better place financially.
  • A routine for keeping the house decluttered & clean.
  • Daily Bible reading.
  • Regular exercise.
  • Learning to say "NO" more so I don't get overwhelmed with all the things I've committed to.
  • Going to bed and getting up earlier.
  • Limiting my time on the computer (this one will be difficult)
  • Drinking more water.

(L) WHAT I'D WISH FOR IF I HAD TEN WISHES (AND THERE WAS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT TO WISH FOR . . . ):

  • 20/20 vision.
  • A maid.
  • The ability to be invisible, for time to time.
  • The ability to draw/paint/etc.
  • A personal masseuse and someone who would give manicures & pedicures whenever I wanted.
  • A house that was never cluttered, unclean or disorganized (see my #2 wish above).
  • A personal assistant.
  • More hours in the day.
  • The ability to play any musical instrument I wanted.
  • At least one great vacation every year.
Photobucket

No comments: