I found this pretty interesting website that will generate prompts that are supposed to "provoke" creativity, thought & imagination for your blogging experience. While most days I have something to blog about, some days I need a little "prompt," as I'm sure we all do. You can go here Creativity Portal - Imagination Prompt for the prompt generator. There are other resources available on the website, too.
Here is the prompt I got today:
If I had 15 minutes to evacuate my home before it was to be destroyed by a hurricane, what 10 things would I grab (not including people or pets)
- Daddy's "memory" box (ashes, photos, etc.)
- Glass container of preserved/dried roses (from daddy's memorial service)
- Engraved crystal box with preserved/dried roses from MaMa's (grandmother) funeral
- Photos - albums, framed, etc.
- Framed collage of daddy that mom did for me for Christmas last year (it has a dollar bill that was one of $2 in his wallet when he died; Jeffrey got the other one in his collage)
- Crystal pickle dish that my great aunt gave me (she said that it was a gift from me to her & my great uncle on their 50th wedding anniversary & that she wanted to hand it back down to me
- Artwork that Bubby, C & H have done for me (I save the majority of these pieces & display them on my fridge and/or memory boards)
- Items that belonged to MaMa (grandmother) that I got when she died
So, there's my list. This was harder than I thought it would be - at least, to come up with a list of 10. I came up with about 1/2 very quickly, but really had to think about the other 1/2. I'd love to read your list, so feel free to "pirate" this post and do your own on your blog.
Have a GREAT week!!!!