Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hmmmm

This is just one of those kill time, bored out of my mind, random posts - yet AGAIN!

I officially cancelled my MySpace account because I was soooooooo tired of dealing with two of THE MOST juvenile adults on the planet. Plus, I just don't take the time to really do much on there anymore. I'd much rather just blog!

Here, I can be myself without having to be criticized & ridiculed for what I've said (or not said) or for moving someone from the #2 space to the #3 space, etc., etc. This is what I deal with, people - - - JUVENILES!!!! Anywho, I'll get off my soapbox, for the time being and do this little random quiz one of my friends sent. I do like these things, so you'll see them from time to time. Enjoy!

Tomorrow is Friday - WOOHOO!!!!! Look for a REAL post in the next few days!!!

Have a great weekend!

1 - Why are you best friends with your best friend?

I don't consider one specific person my "best" friend. I have a small group of people who are "best friends," but the reason they're considered that is the same for each of them. I can be my true self without judgment and expectation. They are honest with me - even when it hurts (and sometimes it does). I trust them 100%. They are there for me ALWAYS (not just when things are going their way or when life is "dandy," but during the really rough times). I can laugh with them - as silly as that sounds. And, lastly - - - we think alike - - - which is scary sometimes!

2 - What bothers you the most about other people?

A few things, but they're very specific: (1) Loud/Obnoxious/Rude, (2) Two-faced (pat you on the back with one hand & stab you in the back with the other) and (3) Petty Behavior (we're all grown-ups, we should be past the elementary/junior-high mentalities).

3 - Would you ever marry for money?

Who wouldn't mind marrying money?? Not anyone I know. But, seriously - - - that would be far down on my list of reasons to marry someone. Wouldn't even make the list, probably.

4 - Do you prefer to text message or talk on the phone?

Text messaging gets on my VERY LAST nerve. I'm not a big talker on the phone either, but given the choice, it would win!

5 - Do you believe that 30 really is the new 20?

Sometimes it is & sometimes it's not. Age is just a number. I'm happier at 31 than I was at 21, so maybe it is the "new 20."

6 - If you had a crush on someone would you tell them?

Doubtful! I'm such a chicken when it comes to that kind of stuff.

7 - What is one of the toughest things you ever had to do?

The whole experience with my daddy's illness & death was very difficult. It was hard to work, help take care of him, do the "normal" daily life things and remain strong. I look back at that experience and wonder how I managed. It was by the grace of God, that I know!

8 - Name a challenge you are faced with on a regular basis?

Not getting up on my hind legs and telling someone off! I just have a BIG problem with people who call themselves your "friend" and then say very hurtful, nasty things about you behind your back. Be big enough to say it to my face! That's what I say! I certainly have addressed the issue personally, so have enough decency to do the same with me! If these people would just go away, I wouldn't face this challenge on a regular basis. Just quit playing games, leave me alone & move on to the next person. That's all I'm asking!!! I guess that must be too much to ask, from the looks of things. Sorry for getting up on my soapbox again :-(

9 - Do you cry a lot?

I used to cry ALL the time, but now I rarely cry. I think I've just gotten stronger over the last few years and have developed a tougher skin. Of course, I'll get "watery" over silly things - like movie scenes and the such, but only really cry when I'm angry or something happens that merits it (like death or pain, etc.).

10 - Do you have a plan?

For??? My life? I used to, but now I'm just sliding around by the seat of my pants, most days. I'm trying so hard to live my life and enjoy it without a bunch of regrets and worry. Most days, it's not terribly difficult, but I'm still a worry wart!!

11 - Do you think its possible to only love one person for the rest of your life?

Absolutely! Sure would like to meet him! :-)

12 - Are you close with your family?

Yes

13 - Name one thing that you are good at?

This might sound a little egotistical, but I honestly think I'm good at being a friend. I really do love my friends very much and try to stay true to that. Of course, I'm not perfect - I fail miserably sometimes.

14 - Name one thing that you are bad at?

Going with the flow - relaxing and not worrying about everything!

15 - Your thoughts on Karma?

If reaping what you sow is karma, then . . . I truly believe in it! You get what you give - eventually!

16 - What does the 5th text message in your inbox say?

Haven't had a text message in so long, I have no idea what it said.

17 - What did you reply to it?

See above :-)

18 - What do you do for a living?

My title is paralegal, but some days I'm a babysitter, problem solver, concierge, errand girl, etc. There's so much to my job. :-)

19 - Do you honk your horn at old people when they are driving bad?

I'm not a big honker of horns, but I'll get to waiving & flapping my arms around and talking to myself. That's a scene, I'm sure.

20 - Why do you do these surveys?

Boredom, typically. But, I do enjoy them, for the most part.

No comments: