I don't know about the rest of you, but 2008 was a year I'd just as soon forget! I've never been happier to usher in a new year! I hope that it will be a better year. 2008 was a year of many trials, struggles, losses, etc. I'm not going to go into the details on such a public forum, but those who know me best know what 2008 was like for me. I will say, however, that through all of the trials & tribulations of 2008, I grew into a better person and learned so much. Here are just a few things I learned (or was reminded of) in 2008:
- Appreciate the little things in life!
- Money isn't everything (it isn't even close)!
- I love my family very much!
- TRUE friends never have to ask what you need! They just show up!
- TRUE friends are few & far between. My Daddy was so right - - - by middle age, you can count the true friends on one hand!
- Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to realize that you can't control your own life. That's God's job & he can handle it!
- Stress WILL kill you if you don't get a hold on it!
- Worrying does nothing but make a situation worse! It also adds to the stress that WILL kill you!
- It's okay to admit that you need help!
- It's okay to let people help you when you can't handle it all yourself!
- It's okay to say 'no'!
- Life is short!
- Faith is more than just believing!
- God's plans are bigger & better than my plans!
I could probably go on and on, but I'll end with these. I am going to try very hard to blog more regularly this year! I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas!
May 2009 be a year of much happiness, health & blessing!