Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009!

I don't know about the rest of you, but 2008 was a year I'd just as soon forget! I've never been happier to usher in a new year! I hope that it will be a better year. 2008 was a year of many trials, struggles, losses, etc. I'm not going to go into the details on such a public forum, but those who know me best know what 2008 was like for me. I will say, however, that through all of the trials & tribulations of 2008, I grew into a better person and learned so much. Here are just a few things I learned (or was reminded of) in 2008:

  1. Appreciate the little things in life!
  2. Money isn't everything (it isn't even close)!
  3. I love my family very much!
  4. TRUE friends never have to ask what you need! They just show up!
  5. TRUE friends are few & far between. My Daddy was so right - - - by middle age, you can count the true friends on one hand!
  6. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to realize that you can't control your own life. That's God's job & he can handle it!
  7. Stress WILL kill you if you don't get a hold on it!
  8. Worrying does nothing but make a situation worse! It also adds to the stress that WILL kill you!
  9. It's okay to admit that you need help!
  10. It's okay to let people help you when you can't handle it all yourself!
  11. It's okay to say 'no'!
  12. Life is short!
  13. Faith is more than just believing!
  14. God's plans are bigger & better than my plans!

I could probably go on and on, but I'll end with these. I am going to try very hard to blog more regularly this year! I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas!

May 2009 be a year of much happiness, health & blessing!

image

No comments: