Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, May 24, 2008

SO . . . THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE RUN OVER BY A MACK TRUCK??!!

Since Wednesday night, I've probably gotten 10 hours of sleep.  I'm beyond EXHAUSTED!!!  Now, at almost 2am, I'm so keyed up that I can't close my eyes and get some much-needed rest.  At this point, there's not much reason to even go to bed, since I've got to be up no later than 6am to finish up a few things before the movers arrive at 8:30am.  WHY, oh WHY, did I schedule movers to arrive on a Saturday morning at the tail crack of dawn??  I guess I was temporarily out of my mind when I scheduled them.  Even more so is the fact that I planned it for Memorial Day weekend.  What a way to spend a holiday, huh?  I've been on 'vacation' from work since yesterday and won't go back until Wednesday, but believe me . . . I am NOT having any fun.  I've decided that I'm not doing anything on Monday that involves packing a box,  unpacking a box, cleaning, hauling trash, etc.  If it involves more than relaxing, it's NOT gonna happen on Monday.  That's going to be MY day!!!  Depending on how tomorrow goes, I may take Sunday off, too.  I haven't been to church in what seems like a month & I just feel really disconnected!!  I miss my friends and my 'life.'  So much has happened in my life over the last few months.  And, since I can't sleep,  now's a good a time as any to fill you in . . .

Due to some happenings in my life over the last year or so, some completely out of my control, I've made the difficult decision to move back home with my Mom.  This will be a temporary move, but how temporary, I'm not sure.  I figure at least a couple of years, until I can get back on my feet.  I wish that I could be happy about the move, but . . . I'm NOT!!  There's nothing exciting about packing up the life you've built and worked so hard for & moving back home with Mommy at the age of 32.  Mom & I get along, for the most part, but I've been totally independent & on my own for a long time and living with someone [especially my Mom] is going to be quite an adjustment.  I know that I'll get used to it & I might even enjoy it, at some point, but I'm just not feeling it right now.  I feel like a failure because it came to this, but I did EVERYTHING I knew to do to change things.  I am thankful that my Mom was willing to let me move back home.  If not, I'm not so sure what I would've done.  She moved last weekend into our new place - - - a quaint little townhouse not too far away from where either of us have been living.  Our Connections Pastor & his wife live next door to us and there are several others from church who live in the community, so that's a plus.  The other plus is that this is a brand new community & the unit we're living in has never been lived in, so everything is brand spanking new.  Which, is so nice!  I think we'll all settle & adjust with time.  Lizzy, my sister-with-fur, is having to adjust, too.  She's never lived anywhere else, so at 12 years old, it's rocking her world.  I think when we all get into a routine, she'll be fine.

As if all of this wasn't enough, I've gone back  to school to finish my degree.  I was working on my degree when Daddy got sick, so I took a 'leave' because he needed round-the-clock care + I just couldn't handle the pressure of school & dealing with a sick parent.  I started classes 2 weeks ago and it's looking like it's going to be a long, exhausting summer.  I'm taking 2 classes this semester - - - Workers Compensation and Litigation Applications.  So, to answer the question of what my degree is in [for those of you who don't already know] - - - I will have an Associate of Public Service [Paralegal].  I have classes on Mondays & Wednesdays and those days are very long because I'm in class in the morning, go to work in the afternoon & then back to school in the evening.  On the days I'm not in school, I work all day at my job, which has it's on set of stresses.  I'm thankful, though, that my bosses were willing to work with me so that I could adjust my work schedule in order to finish this degree.  I will have 1 class during the fall semester - - - Interpersonal Communications.  I have NO CLUE what this class will involve.  It was either take it or Public Speaking & I certainly didn't want to take that, so I'm hoping this won't be too bad.  The schedule won't be as demanding because I'll have the 1 class late morning, so I'll work a few hours in the morning, go to class & then come back and finish out the day.  And, I'll go back to my normal schedule [11:30-5:30] on the days I don't have class.  And, come December 18th, I will be a college graduate . . . HALLELUJAH!!!!  It's been a long time coming!  And, I hope it pays off in the end.  I certainly have worked my hiney off, so I hope it's not been for nothing. 

I'm still fulfilling my Online Chair job with Relay For Life, as well, though our Relay was in March.  I've really enjoyed it, but it's been a very demanding job.  I'm going to have to do some serious thinking & praying about whether I will take on that task next year.  While I love it, I don't want to burn myself out.  We'll just have to see.

I'm also teaching the kids every other week at church.  I'm loving it!!!  I'm blessed to have found such a wonderful church after a very long search.  I FINALLY joined a few months ago, though I've attended for about a year & a half.  I've met some AWESOME people & walk away every single week feeling more blessed than the week before. 

So, to say I'm busy is an understatement.  And, if any of you are wondering where I've been lately . . . now you know!  I'm either sitting somewhere with my nose crammed in a legal book, packing a box, drafting some legal documents, raising some money for the American Cancer Society or teaching some precious children.  That's A LOT more than I have time for, but . . . it's my CRAZY life & I love every minute of it!!  [Well, almost every minute of it]

Sorry to get so lengthy.  I haven't done a 'real' post in a long time, so I had a lot of catching up to do.  And, now . . . I'm sitting here fixing to drop like a fly, so I'm going to go try to grab a couple of hours of shut-eye before the BIG MOVE!!!!  I'll be sooooooo glad when it's over.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

Photobucket

No comments: