It's been a very long time since I've blogged anything. And, since this day is crawwwwwlllling by . . . I thought I'd kill the time by doing all my favorite Friday memes. So, here goes:
Appetizer: What is the nearest big city to your home? My hometown is the biggest city around here. The closest big cities would be Spartanburg, Anderson & Asheville, NC.
Soup: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets? If it’s a secret of someone else, always a 10 - - - ALWAYS! If it’s a secret of mine, I’d say an 8.
Salad: Describe your hair (color, texture, length). Strawberry blonde (natural), VERY thick and course, and I have a ‘reverse’ bob (shorter in the back & longer in the front).
Main Course: What kind of driver are you? Courteous? Aggressive? Slow? I’m a very cautious driver. I’m courteous, but I would say that I’m aggressive when other drivers do stupid things. I’m not a speeder, but I’m not a turtle either. I almost always drive the speed limit or 5 above.
Dessert: When was the last time you had a really bad week? It’s been a month or so ago.
1. There is absolutely NO way you can get me to _____! There is absolutely NO way you can get me to sky dive or bungee jump!
2. _____ reminds me that summer is almost here! My birthday (April 30th) always reminds me that summer is almost here!
3. I cannot live without my _____. I cannot live without my laptop.
4. _____ and _____ are two things I'd like to try. Painting and website design are two things I’d like to try.
5. When life hands you lemons _____. When life hands you lemons make lemonade (right??).
6. _____ is my favorite childhood memory. Spending time with my grandparents is my favorite childhood memory.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____! And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to spending an evening at home (even if it will be spent packing), tomorrow my plans include more of the same and Sunday, I want to take a break (which I will do) and go to church and Baptism & a cook-out at the lake!
- What's your favorite TV network? I love the Food Network!!
- If you could create your own channel, what would it be? Goodness, this is a hard question . . . something with tons of heartwarming stories involving children, animals, the elderly, etc. But, there would be music, comedy, etc., as well. It would be very family oriented.
- What TV show did you watch as a child, that you wish they would bring back? The ones that come to mind are: “Alf,” “Mork & Mindy,” “Kate & Allie.” I’m sure there are more, but those are the only ones I can think of right now.
- What show have you always hated, and wonder why they ever made such a dumb show? “The Simpsons” - - - I think it’s the stupidest show!! But, apparently I’m the only one since it’s been on forever!
- What TV show's seasons would you buy on DVD? Well, I have “Will & Grace” and “Golden Girls” on DVD already, but I’d love to have “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Reba,” “Criminal Minds,” “CSI (the original),” “Cosby Show” and “Fresh Prince of Bel Air.”
One More Trip . . .
- Are you a good worker? Almost always. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t ‘slack’ from time-to-time.
- What do you carry? This is a somewhat bizarre question because I don’t know exactly what it’s referring to, but . . . I carry lots of books, etc. for work & school and I carry a lot of memories with me.
- Do you know your neighbors? A few of them, but none very well. I’m fixing to move and I know a lot of my new neighbors.
- Where do you like to go for a day trip? I love the North Carolina mountains, which are less than an hour away from me. We love to go to Hendersonville, Flat Rock, Lake Lure & Asheville. All of these places are great places to go for a day trip.
- What is at your feet? Currently - - - my desk.
- What are the last five books you have read? “Traveling Light” by Max Lucado, “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World” by Joanna Weaver, “Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas” by James Patterson, “Sam’s Letters to Jennifer” by James Patterson, and “Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul.”
- Name five places in the world you would love to go to. Greece, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, and Spain.
- Name five people who have strongly influenced your life, both good and bad, not counting family! 3 professors – Lynn, Anne & John; 2 friends – Shell & Sandra. There are many more, but since it asked for 5, I won’t list others.
- Name five things you have accomplished that you are proud of, big or small! Going back to college & maintaining a strong GPA every semester, getting a good job & working my way up the ladder with hard work & dedication, overcoming my fear of meeting new people (sometimes this is still difficult for me, but I’ve come out of my shell a lot), refusing to be a doormat & standing up for myself, and building a life on my own without feeling like I had to have a husband in order to do it (that’s not to say I don’t want to get married, but I’m glad I didn’t settle for someone just to feel ‘complete.’).
- Name five things you still want to do in your life. Graduate college (I will be finished in December), travel, take a family vacation (w/ my nephew) to Disney World, get married, and have children.
- What makes you feel old? Finding grey hairs - - - which, I’ve been finding since I was about 25. Also, seeing people that I used to teach/babysit graduating from high school/college and getting married and having kids.
- What makes you feel young? Being in college with kids straight out of high school & still feeling ‘included.’ And, my nephew always makes me feel young.
- What was better when you were allowed to do it the old way? Communication - - - I just love a handwritten letter . . . much more than an e-mail or text message.
- What’s better now that you do it the new way? Keeping up with the news and keeping in touch with others. I love the fact that I can check the latest news & weather online, that I can send an e-mail, etc., but I still think we’ve lost the ‘art’ of written and face-to-face communication.
- What’s something you are old school about? Communication - - - I still send thank you notes for everything (gifts, acts of kindness, for being there, etc.) and I send cards and handwritten letters still. And, I still RSVP when invited somewhere (this is another lost ‘art’).
Feel free to play along, if you dare. Leave me a comment so I can head over & check out your answers.
On a more personal note, I'll try ('try' being the operative word) to update everyone about what's going on in my life, but it may be a few more weeks before I find the time. YESSSSS . . . I totally get that I could've done a personal post & not participated in the memes, but . . . honestly . . . . I just didn't want to think!!!
HAPPY FRIDAY to all of you!