Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, December 29, 2007

The BIG 3-0

Today was my very best friend in the whole wide world's (Shell) birthday. It wasn't just any old birthday either. It was the BIG 3-0! I turned 30 in April of last year and it hasn't even phased me, though people warned me I'd have a meltdown! She was a little more bothered by the whole 'turning 30' thing, but I think she handled it well! Welcome to the 30 Club, my friend. It's not so bad here! I hear that 30 is the new 20!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

With that said, let me tell you a little about Shell - - - Of course, Shell isn't her real name, but that's what we all call her. Her name is actually Michelle. I met her through my brother. My brother is best friends with her husband, Bubba (also not his real name - it's Danny). Both Bubba & Shell have become like family to me (and the rest of my family). They've helped me through some very hard times, especially in dealing with the death of my daddy almost 2 years ago. Shell & I really didn't become close friends until after daddy died! While losing daddy was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through, I feel like God (with daddy's help) sent me Shell as a friend because he knew I needed her. Because of her, I have now found a new church home that I absolutely LOVE! I wouldn't trade this church for any other one in the world! She has introduced me to scrapbooking, which is now an addiction of mine. I've introduced her to handmade Christmas ornaments, which I would like to think is now an addiction of hers. We talk every day and she always knows exactly what to say! Our families celebrate the holidays together every year. Basically, Shell is the sister I never had, but always wanted! And, I gained a big brother (Bubba) out of the deal, too. I'm doubly blessed!!!

To celebrate her special day, we all got together this evening and did exactly what she wanted to do. We went to see Alvin & the Chipmunks and then headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. The movie was SUPER cute and dinner was AWESOME, as always! After dinner, we headed back to their house for gifts & birthday cake! We had given her the 1st two Harry Potter dvds for Christmas and we completed the set by giving her the last three! She was thrilled! She said that tomorrow would be a "Harry Potter Sunday." I think she had a great day - at least I hope she did!

With that said . . . Happy Birthday my precious friend! I pray that God will bless you with many more years and that we will always remain the best of friends! THANK YOU for making me very aware of what being a true friend is all about!

I love ya!!!

No comments: