Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a GREAT Sunday!

What a GORGEOUS weekend we had! Today after church, mom & I headed downtown with some friends to Fall for Greenville, which is a local event that "ushers in Fall" every year. Our downtown has really come a long way over the years. We have the beautiful Reedy Falls Park, complete with the one-of-a-kind Liberty Bridge. There's the Peace Center for the Performing Arts, plenty of shops (one of our favorites is Mast General Store), and wonderful restaurants (we tried out a new place today called Bellacino's & it was AWESOME).

Just a little "funny" from today (a "funny" at MY expense, but thought someone might need a laugh): We went in to Mast General Store to look around a while. It was VERY crowded because of the festival that was going on. People were constantly bumping into me & everyone else, which is understandable when you have wall to wall people on the streets & everywhere else. The thing that bugs me is when people run into you & don't acknowledge it with a "pardon me" or "sorry." So, we're headed out of the store & I bump into someone (at least that's what I thought). I said, "Oh, excuse me. I'm sorry!" This would've been a nice gesture & probably appreciated had I been talking to an actual PERSON. Instead, I'm talking to the headless man (a/k/a a dummy). I thought mom & our friends were going to roll around in the floor laughing at me! How HUMILIATING!!! :-)

Even with the humiliation and the crowds, I had a wonderful time today! The weather was PERFECT & the company was even better. Here are a few pictures I took around downtown today. ENJOY!!!





Until next time . . .

1 comment:

Megan Cobb said...

I worked at the Peace Center as the Marketing Assistant right out of school, 15 years ago. All these places are so familiar and achingly nostalgic and sweet to me. I worked also for the City of Greenville for Angie Prosser and Paul Ellis, in the Parks and Recreation Dept. They organized and managed Fall for Greenville, and I worked for them and helped with it a bit. How neat to hear about it now. Oh your blog is a total gem to me! Yay for finding you!