Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Bulldozing & Chirping

First off - - - Happy Hump Day to all of you!!! It's almost the weekend - woo hoo!!!

Now, on to my "rant" for today's post. I had a meeting at the church tonight and then ran by mom's to drop off some treats that Shell had gotten for Lizzy (my sister with fur)! Swung through the drive thru to pick up a "heart attack in a sack" and then I wanted to just sit in the house, eat and enjoy the silence! Well, so much for that thought!

I have to give a tiny bit of background, for those of you who don't know, before I get fully involved in my "rant." I live in a condo community at the back gate of a college campus. I've never had any major problems here except for dealing with my neighbor who I affectionately call "redneck" (because, quite frankly, that's what he is) and the woman in my building who I refer to as "cat lady" because she has 25++ cats! I remember almost 5 years ago when I moved in, her little boy was so friendly and welcoming and I mentioned the fact that he must love cats, blah, blah, blah. I said "how many cats do you have, sweetie?" He said, "the last time I counted them, we had 26, but we used to have 28 before 2 died." How in the world can 28 cats live in a 1300 square foot condo? HOW??!! To top it off, she now has all these cats and a huge german shepherd mix that's probably about 2 years old. But, she's nice enough and doesn't bother me, so WHATEVER!!!

So, when college is back in session, it does "buzz" a little more around here because there are some of the condos that people rent out to the students. My next door neighbor is a graduate student & is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet! So, I have no problems with college kids, etc.

My building is pretty quiet, which is GREAT!!! Well, I'm sitting here at what is now almost 11:00 at night listening to a bunch of slamming and banging in the building next door to me - they're connected & we share interior walls! It sounds like they're bulldozing the place and rebuilding. Which, is totally fine, if it's 10:00 in the morning, but it's NOT - - - it's 11:00 at night!!! They have now "riled" up the birds in the tree outside my sliding glass door, who apparently now think that it's getting up time. This may sound terrible, but birds just get on my nerves - the constant chirp, chirp, chirping. It's just maddening. A lot of people think it's relaxing. Let me assure you, I am NOT one of those people!

So, I step out on my patio, thinking that it's probably just some college kids getting a little rowdy. NOOOOOOOO . . . . grown adults who have decided that apparently the appropriate time to move in is at 11:00 at night. The banging I'm hearing apparently is them bouncing hand trucks up & down the concrete stairs! It's a lovely sound - let me tell you! On top of the banging, slamming & chirping, they are now yelling to one another back and forth. I know that the neighbors in that breezeway are LOVING them! I know I am and I'm one building down! It'll be my luck that they're my interior wall neighbors and I'll never sleep again! The 2nd year I lived here, I was constantly jolted awake in the middle of the night when those particular neighbors decided it was party time at 3:00 in the morning. The cops came to know them all by name and it wasn't long until they were gone. Thank goodness!

Don't get me wrong . . . I'm a good neighbor. I mind my business, try not to make a bunch of noise & respect the fact that there is more than one person in close proximity to me! You do have to realize that, when you choose to live in a place where there are people above, below & beside you, there will be some noise. And, I'm fine with that. But, not party time, bulldozing & rebuilding at 11:00 at night or 3:00 in the morning.

So, there's my "rant" for tonight. I would love to say that I'm fixing to head to bed and get a good night's rest, but I'm not confident that will happen! Just pray that these people aren't my interior wall neighbors. Otherwise, it could get ugly!!!!

Until next time . . . .

No comments: