Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Things That Make Me . . . Happy, Laugh, Smile, Etc.

This is a list I’ve been compiling for quite some time & will probably be added to every now & then. I believe that we must stop & take the time to be thankful for the small things in life and this is a great way for me to do it. ENJOY!!

THINGS THAT MAKE ME . . . HAPPY, LAUGH, SMILE, ETC.
(Past, Present, etc.)

  • “American Graffiti” soundtrack
  • “American Idol”
  • “Annie”
  • “Bambie”
  • “Beaches”
  • “Cinderella”
  • “Cosby Show” marathons
  • “Criminal Minds”
  • “CSI”
  • “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”
  • “Fresh Prince of Bel Air” marathons
  • “Golden Girls” reruns
  • “Grease”
  • “Home Alone 2”
  • “Home Alone”
  • “Law & Order: Criminal Intent”
  • “Law & Order: SVU”
  • “Little Mermaid”
  • “Pretty Woman”
  • “Radio”
  • “Reba” reruns
  • “Riverdance” live
  • “Saturday Night Live” (the old ones . . . from the 80s and 90s)
  • “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs”
  • “The Lion King”
  • “Top Gun”
  • “Will & Grace” reruns
  • “Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory”
  • “Wizard of Oz”
  • 1st Kiss
  • 1st trip to New York
  • 80s music
  • 8th grade dance
  • A child's smile & laughter
  • A good book
  • A shuffling iPod
  • An old couple holding hands
  • Animal Planet
  • Art by Ansel Adams
  • Art by Georgia O’Keefe
  • Art by Jim Booth
  • Atlanta Braves baseball
  • Babies
  • Barnes & Noble
  • Bath & Body Works
  • Beach trips with Lyn, Cory & Heather
  • Being appreciated
  • Being on yearbook staff in high school & college
  • Bill Engvall
  • Billy’s laugh
  • Biltmore Estate
  • Black & white photos
  • Blimpie subs
  • Boston
  • Breakfast for supper
  • Broadway Shows
  • Bubble baths
  • Calendars (I’m all about planning)
  • Candles
  • Carriage rides in Charleston, SC
  • Charleston, SC
  • Chatting online with Shell
  • Childhood friends
  • Childrens’ books
  • Claire’s ‘voices’
  • Clemson Tigers football
  • CNN
  • Coffee punch
  • Coffee table books
  • Collection of ornaments (each one has a story)
  • Compliments
  • Cool breezes
  • Cory hitting a baseball over the fence when he was smaller than the bat
  • Cory playing the guitar
  • Country music
  • Court TV
  • Cute return address labels
  • Dalton's hugs & kisses
  • Decorating for Christmas with my mom
  • Downtown Greenville
  • Drafting a legal document “well” the first time
  • Early morning/late night walks on the beach
  • Elmo
  • Encouraging words from others
  • F.A.O. Schwartz in NYC
  • Facials
  • Fall
  • Falls Park
  • Family reunions in GA
  • Feeling understood
  • Finding a great deal
  • Finding money
  • Finished projects
  • Fireworks displays (especially the one at Stone Mountain)
  • First time roller skating
  • Fitting into an old outfit
  • Flat Rock/Hendersonville, NC
  • Flowers – gerbera daisies, orchids & lilies, specifically
  • Flute
  • Fox News
  • Fresh sheets
  • Furman lake
  • Fuzzy bedroom shoes
  • Game Night with friends
  • Getting my first job
  • Giraffes
  • Girls' Night Out
  • Going for a walk
  • Going to the aquarium
  • Going to the movies
  • Going to the zoo
  • Greenville Drive baseball
  • Guitar
  • Haircuts
  • Hallmark (after all, I’m the “card lady”)
  • Handmade cards
  • Having a clean house
  • Having loving & supportive people in my life
  • Head massage
  • Heather dancing, cheering & singing
  • Heather talking about her "baby shoot" (aka "bathing suit") when she was little
  • Holding hands with someone special
  • Homemade ice cream
  • Honesty of children
  • Hot apple cider
  • Hugs
  • Hummingbirds
  • IKEA
  • Inside jokes & secrets with Crystal
  • Italian food
  • Japanese food
  • Jeff Foxworthy
  • Joel's impersonations & reenactments
  • Journaling/blogging
  • Kentucky Derby
  • Knowing that God has a special plan for my life
  • Knowing that God is in control of my life (and I’m not)
  • Knowing that I have more than 1 person that I can count on
  • Knowing that I will see my loved ones again in Heaven
  • Laughing until it hurts
  • Lifetime TV
  • Light bulb moments
  • Lighthouses
  • Listening to the rain
  • Live music
  • Local bands
  • Long, winding roads in the middle of nowhere
  • Losing weight when I'm not trying
  • Love from Daisy (Mel & Claire’s dog)
  • Magazines
  • Magnets
  • Making handmade Christmas ornaments
  • Making people laugh
  • Manicures
  • Mark Lowry
  • Martin Lawrence
  • Massages
  • Matthew McConaughey
  • Memories of dances with Jerry
  • Memories of Liberty
  • Memories of Lizzy
  • Mexican food
  • Mission Trips
  • Mom’s “obsession” with the Weather Channel
  • Mom's lasagna
  • Monkeys/chimpanzees
  • Mountain trips with the girls
  • Movie nights with Bridget (Reggie)
  • MSNBC
  • Music - basically anything (with a few minor exceptions)
  • My brother’s upcoming wedding to a great girl (Candice)
  • My brother's sense of humor
  • My church family @ Marathon Greenville
  • My circle of friends
  • My daddy's last words to me
  • My Life Group girls
  • My PaPa (my grandfather Gulley) taking me every day to Sky City or KMart to ride the horsey
  • My upcoming graduation (finally) from college
  • Ocean breezes
  • Old photos
  • Passing Anatomy after A LOT of hard work
  • Pedicures
  • Penguins
  • Pens
  • People-watching
  • Piano
  • Picnics
  • Planning a trip
  • Playing Chickenfoot with Mom, Daddy & my brother
  • Playing Phase 10 w/ the girls
  • Praise & Worship music
  • Precious (my brother & his fiance’s dog)
  • Publix birthday cakes (chocolate with whipped frosting)
  • Putt-putt
  • Quotations
  • Rainbows
  • Reading devotions and Bible verses that always fit with what’s going on in my life (God’s funny that way )
  • Reality TV
  • Receiving flowers (especially if they're my favorite)
  • Receiving mail that doesn’t involve bills and/or junk mail
  • Reconnecting with old friends on Facebook
  • Rock & Roll music
  • Samples/Freebies
  • Santa’s White Christmas coffee (from Barnies)
  • Scavenger hunts
  • Searching for seashells
  • Sending & receiving Christmas cards
  • Sending cards
  • Shirley Temple movies
  • Shopping with Mom
  • Silence
  • Singing in the shower or car
  • Sitting by a roaring fire on a cold winter night
  • Sleeping in
  • Snow
  • Sonic Happy Hour
  • Starbucks
  • Staying up all night - sharing & laughing
  • Studying at the Milliken campus in college
  • Sudoku puzzles
  • Sunrises
  • Sunsets
  • Swinging at the park
  • Taking Dalton to see his first movie
  • Taking pictures
  • Temptations music
  • The beauty of the mountains
  • The first time I met Dalton
  • The last trip our family took together
  • The stories my daddy always told about his childhood
  • The trials in my life . . . because they have made me a better person
  • The way it smells after it rains
  • Tigger
  • Times spent with Mama (my grandmother Gulley)
  • TLC
  • To-Do Lists that are complete
  • Toile
  • Towels just out of the dryer on a cold morning
  • Traditions
  • Trips over "the mountain" with my brother
  • Tumbling (on Tumblr)
  • Twitter/Tweeting
  • Unconditional love of a pet
  • Unexpected "thinking of you" gestures
  • Van Morrison music
  • Violin
  • Volunteer work
  • Waffle House at 3am (in my younger days)
  • Watching Dalton play
  • What it feels like to get a 4.0 GPA for the 1st time
  • Windchimes
  • Wrapping Christmas gifts
  • Youth group memories
Photobucket

No comments: