Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Couldn't Get Here Soon Enough

What a week! It's not even worth the effort to type about. It was just a BAAAAADDDD week & I'm glad it's over. Looking forward to a semi-relaxing weekend. I am planning to run by Blockbuster after I leave the office & pick up a few movies, pick up take-out and then 'veg' this evening. Tomorrow, I'm going over to the old house to pack up some more stuff & do a little cleaning. Sunday, I'll go to church and then I'm going to a cookout Sunday evening. Hope all of you have a GREAT weekend. Here's this Friday's onslaught of memes . . . ENJOY!!!

FRIDAY FILL-INS

Click above to play along

  1. A smile is __________. A smile is contagious.
  2. __________ is my favorite board or card game. Chickenfoot is my favorite board or card game. [I don't know if it's considered a board game or not. It's a dominoes game that I LOVE!!]
  3. I would love to have more __________ in my life and less __________. I would love to have more patience in my life and less stress.
  4. When I think of the Summer Solstice, I think of __________. When I think of the Summer Solstice, I think of the never-ending day. [Isn't TODAY the Summer Solstice?]
  5. I just remembered I need to __________. I just remembered I need to write a thank-you note.
  6. One of my favorite song lyrics goes like this: __________. One of my favorite song lyrics goes like this: Don't blink. Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife. Don't blink. You just might miss your babies growin' like mine did. Turnin' into moms and dads. Next thing you know your better half of fifty years is there in bed and you're prayin' God takes you instead. Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think , so don't blink. The first time I heard this song, I just sobbed! It's soooo true!
  7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____! And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a movie, getting take-out & 'vegging' out at the house, tomorrow my plans include going over to the old house to pack up some more stuff & do a little cleaning and Sunday, I want to go to church and head up to the mountains for a cookout with friends.

* * * * * * * *

THE FRIDAY FIVE

Click above to play along

  1. What is one thing about you that you hate? The fact that I worry about and stress out over pretty much EVERYTHING!!!
  2. What is one thing about you that you love? That I am a compassionate person.
  3. If you had to change one thing about you what would it be and why? I would love to not let things get to me. Sometimes just the way someone says something sets me off & it ends up ruining my day. And, I hate that!!! I'd love to be able to just let things roll off my back.
  4. What is one word that you would use to define yourself? Committed. [And, probably need to be committed, too . . . HA!HA!]
  5. Imagine what you would look like in a perfect world . . . what do you look like? Oh, the perfect world that doesn't exist . . . let's see . . . I'd love to be just a smidge taller (maybe 5'6" or 5'7"), weigh somewhere in the 130-150 range, have totally manageable hair every day, have flawless skin that required no make-up, etc. Ahhhh, the dream!!!

* * * * * * * *

FRIDAY FIVER

Click above to play along

  1. Last party you went to? Bubby's birthday party.
  2. Do you pee in the shower? This is just a gross question. I mean, why would I want to discuss this?
  3. Have you ever fired a gun? Yes.
  4. Where do you call home? Greenville, SC
  5. What's your favorite board game? Chickenfoot (may not be considered a true board game), Imaginiff, Apples to Apples and Cranium.

* * * * * * * *

FRIDAY FUN

Click above to play along

  1. When you look back at your childhood dreams, has your life gone in the direction you expected? Oh, absolutely not! I'm so far on the totally opposite end of where I imagined myself.
  2. What were the three most life changing events in your life? How did they shape who you are? The biggest thing would have to be my daddy's cancer diagnosis in 2001, his 2nd diagnosis in 2005 and his death in 2006. This was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through, but it taught me so much about life. Losing my grandmother in 2004 was really difficult, too. She was the one person I could always count on and losing her was extremely difficult. I guess the 3rd thing would be going back to college. I met some of my best friends there and also have learned so much about myself. It has also helped me gain a lot of confidence in myself that I didn't have before.
  3. Is there anything you would drastically change about your life or are you content with where your life has taken you? I would love to feel more secure financially (wouldn't we all?). I'm in a pretty bad place right now and have had to move in with my Mom. This has been extremely difficult for me, but I hope it will only be temporary. Other than that situation, I'm fairly content with the way things are.

* * * * * * * *

FRIDAY 5

Click above to play along

  1. What’s too spicy for your tastes? A lot of Mexican dishes - - - especially the peppers & jalapenos.
  2. What’s too sweet for your tastes? The icing on the cakes at the bakery my Mom works at. She loves it (and A LOT of people do), but it's rather nauseating for me.
  3. What’s too salty for your tastes? I'm not a big chip fan, unless they're the baked kind. They tend to have less salt.
  4. What’s too bitter for your tastes? I can't think of anything specific right now, but I don't really like anything bitter.
  5. What’s too sour for your tastes? Those sour warheads or whatever they are that kids love. They just about bring me to tears every time I attempt to eat one.

* * * * * * * *

FRIDAY FEAST

Click above to play along

APPETIZER: If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose? It would be a toss-up between Europe and Australia, but I'd probably end up choosing Europe because so many of the places I want to visit are there.

SOUP: Which browser do you use to surf the Internet? I use Mozilla Firefox at home and really like it A LOT better than Internet Explorer.

SALAD: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country? I'm a history buff. I almost majored in history my first time in college, but changed my mind. I would say I'm probably somewhere between a 6 and an 8.

MAIN COURSE: Finish this sentence: Love is . . . Love is . . . the best feeling in the world.

DESSERT: Have you ever been in or near a tornado? Yes, when I was a child, and it was no fun! It did quite a bit of damage to my house. I was riding in a vehicle with a lady from the church. We were on our way to a concert. It was so scary. The sky turned green. Objects (stop signs, etc.) were flying all over the place. The whole 'train whistle' thing was happening. It was just terrible!

Well, that about does it. Have a GREAT weekend!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like you're having fun. I've been wanting to join other memes as well but no time yet...hopefully next week thought.

By the way, my feast is up as well. Hope to see you there. Have a great week!

Cheers,
Nita's Random Thoughts
Nita's Corner
Thomas Web Links
Thomas Travel Tales
Great Finds and Deals
Bohol Paradise

Janet said...

I love dominoes!!! And man, that song sounds so sad :-( Thanks for playing!