Okay, so I was tagged by Abby over at A G33k Tragedy with this meme, so I just have to do it! :-) This is actually coming at a great time, as I've been shoveling A LOT of crap lately and this will force me into positive thinking, at least for a few moments. However, this won't be an easy meme to complete because it's very difficult for me to talk about myself and/or brag. But, here goes . . .
13 THINGS I HAVE DONE THAT ARE PRETTY AWESOME
- Asked my Lord, Jesus Christ, into my heart. This is, by far, the BEST thing I've ever done - - - and, definitely the AWESOMEST (if that's a word - ha!ha!). Because of Him, even the crappiest of days are great!
- Graduated in the top 25% of my class in high school.
- Was asked to be on the yearbook staff - junior & senior year of high school and freshman year of college. You had to be nominated, have an interview & then be approved by the yearbook advisor, so this was a huge deal for me. And, I'm thankful I was on staff, as it prepared me for the job I have today (in a weird sort of way).
- Had my first skiing experience in Beckley, West Virginia when there was 8+ feet snow drifts. That was pretty AWESOME!
- Participated in 3 different mission trips with my former church. I believe that everyone should experience this just once! It is life-changing!
- Worked as a camp counselor the summer after I graduated high school and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
- Visited New York City several times and was able to experience so many wonderful places - - - Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Trump Tower, FAO Schwartz toy store, St. Patrick's Cathedral, "Cats" on Broadway (this alone was AWESOME x 10), Grand Central Station, Rockefeller Center, and many other. I desperately want to go back for an extended visit.
- Had the opportunity to spend a great deal of quality time with my daddy the last 8 months of his life. Most working people wouldn't have had this opportunity & I'm forever blessed for it. I hold those memories ever-so-close to my heart.
- Went back to college after many years to finish my degree. I am 3 classes away from being finished & as soon as the classes I need are offered in the evening, I will re-enroll and finish. While there, I maintained a 3.8 GPA or greater! This was a HUGE accomplishment for me!
- Asked to be the Online Chair for this year's American Cancer Society Relay for Life that I participate in. I am honored to be given this opportunity and do this work in memory of my daddy and for a cause that I am so passionate about!!
- Have worked for the last 8 years with a local charity to provide Christmas for children who are in the foster care system.
- Participated in an "Adopt-a-Grandparent" program in high school and met an amazing man who lived to be over 100 years old. He had so many stories to share and I learned so much from him.
- Was given some pretty awesome opportunities in the employment world that have made me the person I am today!
I'm not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you're reading this consider yourself tagged. Let me know if you play along by commenting & I will head over to your blog and check out the awesome things you've done.