Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Well, for once, the meteorologists predicted accurately! It's snowing - - - yes, SNOWING - - - and has been for about the last 4 hours. So far, we've gotten about 2-3 inches and it is still coming down pretty heavy. It looks so pretty coming down. I just wish it were daylight so that I could sit and enjoy watching it fall. They are calling for 2-4 inches of snow & then it is predicted to turn to freezing rain/sleet/ice on top of the snow. This is the part of winter that I HATE. I don't mind the snow, but the icy stuff is a different story. We had a terrible ice storm here in 2005 that just about made me lose my mind. I was without power for 4.5 days. My parents lost power for about 1.5 days. My office was without power for a week. It was a NIGHTMARE!!! What made it even worse was that daddy was VERY sick during this time.

We were having dinner tonight over at Bubba & Shell's and then the girls were crafting and the guys were doing their own thing, so I decided to run home after work & pack a bag since they were calling for bad weather. I'm certainly glad I did because the bad weather started a lot earlier than they had originally thought. Getting home in this mess would've been near impossible, as I live closer to the NC mountains and the road I live on is nothing but hills, so I decided I would just spend the night at mom's. At least if I can't get out & about tomorrow (it's not looking good) or if the power goes out (which, I certainly hope doesn't happen), I'll be 'trapped' with someone to talk to. Mom said she stocked up on milk, bread, stuff to make a big breakfast in the a.m., etc. I have plenty of magazines + I brought along a new book to read. So, even if mom loses power, we'll be fine!

I feel like it's been forever since I've posted a REAL entry. I've had several people ask where I've been, so I figured I'd give a little insight into the last few weeks. I've just been in a bit of a 'funk' lately & haven't much felt like writing & sharing. Things haven't been going great lately & I've just been doing a lot of soul searching lately. I've got some decisions to make in the next few days/weeks/months. Some of them will be made for me, while others are going to require a whole lot of praying & seeking God's will. I can't really go into a bunch of details about what's going on. But, I would ask that you please keep me in your prayers as I walk through this time in my life. Pray that I will not make any rash or hurried decisions, but that I will seek and know God's complete will.

With that, I'm off to catch up on my blog feeds. I'll try to take some pictures of the snow tomorrow & post them. Have a great evening!


No comments: