Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, December 27, 2007

This Year . . .

A little meme I ‘stole’ from Jennifer at … A Work in Progress…

  1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Took on a role that involved public speaking & leadership. That’s just not my thing!

  2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year? I’m not really into making resolutions. I have some long-term and short-term goals for myself, but nothing with a deadline.

  3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes. My friend Rebecca had her first baby, a little boy named Davis. A friend from church had her second baby, a little girl named Madison “Maddie.” A high school friend had her first children, boy/girl twins named Ava and Carter.

  4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, not this year.

  5. What countries did you visit? The same country I visit daily – the U.S. I’d love to be able to add at least one other country to this list before I die. But, traveling requires money & time – both of which I have none of.

  6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Time, patience, rest, money, etc.

  7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory and why? The 1-year anniversary of daddy’s death was on January 9th, my friend’s brother died suddenly just after Valentine’s Day, the Virginia Tech shooting, Bubby’s 4th birthday was in June, the Ocean Isle Beach fire that killed many young people from the Upstate (this was such a tragedy), we surprised mom with Kenny G tickets for her birthday in November, etc.

  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Learning how to walk away from situations rather than arguing and/or saying things I’ll regret.

  9. What was your biggest failure? Not managing my money better.

  10. Did you suffer illness or injury? The typical sinus infections, viruses, colds, etc. I was also diagnosed with cluster migraines this year – oh boy!

  11. What was the best thing you bought? Nothing spectacular. I think going in with my brother and our two closest friends to buy mom Kenny G tickets would probably be the best thing I bought this year because it surprised her & made her very happy!

  12. Whose behavior merited celebration? A few people, but I’m especially proud of the way my friend Shell has handled some situations & has started standing up for herself this year.

  13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? There were a few people, but I’ll let them remain nameless.

  14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, as always!

  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Relay for Life – I thoroughly enjoy volunteering with the American Cancer Society and participating in this event every year.

  16. What song will always remind you of 2007? There are many, but Don’t Blink by Kenny Chesney would be towards the top of the list. It quickly became one of my favorite songs. It has a powerful message.

  17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, a tiny bit thinner and much poorer.

  18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Praying, spending time with family & friends, enjoying the little things, etc.

  19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying.

  20. How will you be spending New Year's? I think I’ll be going over to my closest friends’ house with my family just to hang out – eating, playing games, etc.

  21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Uh, that would be a BIG no!

  22. How many one-night stands? I don’t walk that way!

  23. What was your favorite TV program? Criminal Minds became my very favorite this year, but I have a long list of favorites.

  24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t hate people. I hate situations, attitudes, etc., but never people.

  25. What was the best book you read? Having a Mary Spirit by Joanna Weaver. We read this in one of the Bible studies I participated in.

  26. What was your greatest musical discovery? There is a show in the UK called Britain’s Got Talent and they had some amazing contestants! My favorite was Paul Potts, who actually ended up winning the contest. I discovered him and several others by watching vidoes I’d received on email. Check these videos out: Audition, Semi Finals, the Finale, and the Royal Variety performance. You certainly don’t expect to hear what comes out of his mouth. Whether you like opera (I don’t) or not, he’s AMAZING!!

  27. What did you want and get? A better relationship with my family and a new church home.

  28. What did you want and not get? More patience.

  29. What was your favorite film of this year? I saw a lot of kids’ movies this year thanks to Bubby, so I would have to say that Ratatouille and The Bee Movie were the best.

  30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I got together with a group of friends & family and had dinner at Tito’s Pizzeria and then we headed downtown to Café & Then Some for a funny comedy show. I turned 31 this year!

  31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If my daddy were still here with us, most definitely.

  32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? The same as every other year – I go for comfort!

  33. What kept you sane? My bestest friend, Shell! She’s the sister I always wanted, but never had! Blogging has helped, too.

  34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? The same one I’ve fancied for a while – Matthew McConaughey.

  35. What political issue stirred you the most? I’m not really into politics.

  36. Who did you miss? My daddy and my grandmother.

  37. Who was the best new person you met? That’s a hard one because I met a lot of great new people this year, so I’ll just have to list some that top the list. Claire, Melody, Andrea, Ginger, Kim, and Nancy, to name a few.

  38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Life is terribly short – don’t waste it on the nonsense in life. Enjoy every single day & say the things you need to say. Live with no regrets.

  39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “…Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think so don’t blink…”

No comments: