Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, December 2, 2007

12 Questions of Christmas

For the holiday season - - - a little "The Twelve Questions of Christmas" meme. Feel free to play along & comment on this post letting me know you are!
  1. Christmas is _____________. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD] Christmas is JOY!!
  2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past? Every good memory I have of Christmases past has been spent with family & friends.
  3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what] Santa is always good to me, but God is good every day!
  4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? Christmas Day!
  5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe] Handmade Christmas ornaments - ALWAYS!! Some goodies are almost always made - peanut butter balls, haystacks, fudge, etc.
  6. What are your favorite five [5] Christmas songs/hymns? What Child is This, O Holy Night, Mary Did You Know, Silent Night, and Christmas Shoes.
  7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days? Since I've been grown, mom & I always shop on Thanksgiving evening at some of the local stores that are open. The latest tradition is going to the midnight shopping event at the outlets in a neighboring city. I never thought I would be part of the Black Friday madness, but it's actually a lot of fun!
  8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country] This is sad, but I don't have anything exciting for this question. The farthest I've ever gone is about 10 miles up the road.
  9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day? No!
  10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap? Well, of course, but it's been a while!! Still needing to take my nephew to visit Santa!
  11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year? This year - NOTHING! I'm not decorating this year. If I were, it would be a hodge podge of ornaments from my childhood to the present. I try to add 2-3 new ornaments every year, in addition to the one my mom gives me to add to the collection she started for me when I was born. Each ornament represents a specific event in my life. I call it the memory tree, because there's not one ornament that doesn't have some sentimental value & bring back a special memory for me.
  12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas? No.

No comments: