Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving - - - The Day After

A little 'meme' for the day after . . .

Where did you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? Me, my mom & brother had Thanksgiving over at our dear friends' house (Bubba & Shell - not their real names).

Did you travel to get there? Yeah, about 2 miles. My kind of Thanksgiving!

How much time, if any, do you have off work for the Thanksgiving holiday? We're always closed Thanksgiving & the day after. My co-worker always takes the week of Thanksgiving off and I take the week after, so I'm on vacation until the 1st week of December. WOOHOO!!!

Did you do the cooking? I didn't do any cooking this year. I was in charge of rolls - that was easy enough!!!

Did you have turkey or something else? We had a spiral ham, which was so yummy!

Do you ever go out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner? We have, but I most definitely prefer just staying home or sharing the holiday with friends at their house.

Do you eat Thanksgiving dinner earlier, later, or at the same time as you usually eat dinner? Earlier.

Did you go to a church service on Thanksgiving day? No.

Will you, or have you ever, volunteered at a soup kitchen serving Thanksgiving dinner? I have done it in the past & would definitely do it again!

Do you enjoy cranberries? Absolutely not!

Did you get a free turkey from anyone this year (employer, grocery store bonus program, etc.)? No, but I have in the past.

What are you thankful for? There is A LOT to be thankful for. I'm most thankful for my friends & family!

Did you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade? No.

Have you ever actually gone to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade in NYC? No & you wouldn't catch me in a crowd like that!

Did you watch football games? No. I am not a sports fan in the least bit. However, I will probably watch the Clemson/USC game tomorrow night!

What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day tradition? Spending time with friends & family and my new favorite tradition is Black Friday shopping (I never thought I'd have this as one of my traditions).

Did you help do the dishes after dinner? Yes.

Do you like pumpkin pie? Yuck - NOOOOO!!

Was there someone you wished you could be with this Thanksgiving? My MaMa (grandmother) & my daddy!

Did you go Christmas shopping on “Black Friday” or are those people just crazy? Why yes I did! This is my 2nd year 'Black Friday' shopping! I never thought I'd enjoy it, but I do! We got A LOT of great deals! I'm really tired, but I'll bounce back!

No comments: