Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, July 20, 2007

One of THOSE Days . . .

Have you ever had one of "THOSE" days? A day where all you want to do is run into traffic? Well, try having a full week of "those" days. This week has been nothing short of a nightmare!

My boss will be out of the office next week and is playing catchup. I feel like I've been under a pile all week. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather be busy. I don't mind the work! It's just that it's Friday and I had plans this evening that didn't happen because I worked late.

Our church has a Girls' Night Out every month, long story short - - - this month's got cancelled, so Shell & I decided to see if we could get a group together. So, I spent all week, shooting emails all over the place, making reservations at Overlook Grill (a FABULOUS restaurant), etc., only to end up NOT getting to go! How upset was I, you ask? VERY!!!! So, I feel like I disappointed Shell and I missed out on a much-needed girls' night out!

I didn't leave the office until close to 8:00, ran by McDonald's (quite a difference from the planned Overlook Grill meal), came home and got in jammies and that's where I've been ever since. I've finally calmed down, but hate so much that I missed this evening with one of my closest friends and some new friends. :-(

Tomorrow is a new day! I know it will be a good weekend. I'm just frustrated & needed to do a little "venting." I'm done now . . . . WHEW!!!

Not much on tap for the weekend. Supposed to get a haircut tomorrow afternoon, but may end up cancelling because I really don't have the money right now. My hair will be HATING me if I cancel. In fact, I'll be HATING me. So, we'll see.

Jeffrey is supposed to get Bubby tomorrow, but I haven't heard any exact details, so I'll just wait to see on that one. I've got to go to the grocery store, at some point, tomorrow. UGH!!! Does anyone else detest the grocery store as much as I do??? I'd rather get hung up by the eyelids than shop for groceries. And, that's BAD!

Sunday is church and then we have Home Group right after. Home Group is kind of like what we used to know as Sunday School. But, it's in people's homes. The church has a bunch of these groups. You just try out the ones you want. Go to them all, go to none of them. The choice is pretty much left up to you. We normally meet every other Sunday evening. They just decided to do it right after church this Sunday. We always eat - - - and, eat WELL!!!! I think we're having ribs, fries, pasta salad, dessert, etc. this week. YUMMY! We have a great leader, Bert!!!! He's such a wonderful man! I really love our Home Group. It's a wide variety of people - - - all ages, all walks of life, etc.

Anywho, I've done my "vent" for the night, so until next time . . .

No comments: